Immuno-Oncology Grant Program
Simplify your spatial biology adoption
Gain biological insights with spatial tissue profiling
The SPYRE™ Immuno-Oncology Grant Program is a unique opportunity for laboratories performing immuno-oncology (IO) research to accelerate biomarker identification and validation. This Program aims to facilitate the onboarding of hyperplex tissue analysis into laboratory workflows. Spatial biology enables tissue mapping research at single-cell level, enabling the understanding of key IO insights and processes such as immune cell recruitment, immune system activation, and the identification of phenotypes and molecular pathways.
Lunaphore’s SPYRE™ Antibody Panels support a variety of immuno-oncology and immunology research applications. They are provided with ready-to-use protocols and verified, quality-tested antibodies to ensure the quality and reproducibility of your assays. The SPYRE™ Antibody Panels run on the COMET™ platform, a fully automated, high-throughput platform that performs hyperplex spatial proteomics using standard antibodies. Additionally or in combination with the SPYRE™ antibodies, COMET™ can utilize any off-the-shelf, non-conjugated primary antibody of choice. With its fully automated and integrated workflow, including staining, imaging, and image pre-processing steps, COMET™ not only enables rapid and reproducible spatial tissue analysis while preserving tissue morphology but also provides high-quality data for a broad variety of research needs.
With this Program, Lunaphore offers laboratories the opportunity of testing their own samples with a SPYRE™ panel on COMET™ for free, along with significant discounts on technology acquisition and consumables, to ease the adoption process.
Scroll down to apply for this technology adoption opportunity and read the Grant Program rules.
If you have any questions regarding the Program, don’t hesitate to contact us at: [email protected].
Winners Prize Package
The Prizes awarded within the Grant Program to the two (2) Prize Winners are the following:
Phase A: Sample Testing Project
- A sample testing project will be performed at Lunaphore to demonstrate and establish the performance of the COMET™ platform with one chosen SPYRE™ Antibody Panel and one tumor marker on a tissue of choice. Up to 4 samples per tissue type will be tested. Performing this project does not constitute any commitment to pursue technology acquisition and/or the following Prize Package phases.
Phase B: Discount Package
This Discount Package is subject to the acquisition of a COMET™ instrument. Following the sample testing project, if the participant wants to move forward with an instrument acquisition, a discount package is applied as part of the Prize Package, including all of the following:
- 10% discount on the COMET™ instrument if the order is placed within 2023.
- 15% discount on 4 kits of SPYRE™ Antibody Panels within 1 year.
- 10% discount on COMET™ Chips for 1 year.
- You will receive all protocols developed during the sample testing project.
Phase C: Implementation Support Package
This Support Package is subject to instrument acquisition and is provided at the time of COMET™ installation. This phase of the Prize Package focuses on providing participants with a comprehensive support service to transfer the technology, protocols, and workflow implementation to the participant’s lab:
- Hands-on training and protocol implementation will be provided by Lunaphore scientists on-site at the participant’s lab. This provides a seamless transition from Phase B and supports the setup of experiments integrated into the participant’s workflow.
- Hands-on support will include the implementation of protocols developed during the sample testing project or other protocols of choice.
All Other Participants Prize Package
All qualified participants of the Grant Program will receive the following prizes:
2023 SPYRE™ Immuno-Oncology Grant Program
Introduction to the Program
This Program aims to ease technology adoption and empower laboratories seeking to acquire spatial proteomics solutions to integrate them into their workflow. The winner of the Program will receive the opportunity to test the performance of one of the SPYRE™ Antibody Panels and one tumor marker of choice on their own samples with a free proof-of-concept sample testing project on COMET™, as well as significant discounts on COMET™ system acquisition and respective consumables.
Project submissions must comply with all of the requirements below in order to qualify for this Program:
- A detailed description of the specific research project that would be performed on the COMET™ instrument with the selected SPYRE™ Antibody Panel (IO Core Panel, Immune Panel, TIL Panel, T Cell Panel) – check the SPYRE™ website for additional details on the panels – and one tumor marker of choice (panCK, S100, EpCAM), to be performed on FFPE samples of a selected tissue type.
- A description of how the research using SPYRE™ Antibody Panels on the COMET™ platform will enable research in the laboratory to advance current projects, or enable new projects.
- A description of the expected advancement of knowledge generated by using SPYRE™ Antibody Panels and the COMET™ platform, as well as the intended use of the data generated.
In addition to the project requirements, the following submission requirements must be complied with:
- Participants must be willing to perform spatial analysis with the SPYRE™ Antibody Panels on up to 4 tissue samples which will be required to be shipped to Lunaphore by the Program Winners.
- All fields in the form must be filled in to qualify for the Grant Program.
- The applicants need to be a Research Institution (private or public) such as a Healthcare Organization (HCO), a Pharma/Biotech company, or a Contract Research Organization (CRO), located in Europe or North America (US and Canada).
- Companies/institutions must have a clear intent of acquiring spatial biology capabilities. This submission does not constitute any commitment to such an endeavor.
Applications submission deadline: May 11, 2023
Award winners notification: May 25, 2023
All submissions received on or before the deadline will be reviewed by Lunaphore and two (2) winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- The scientific impact of the study being developed.
- Well-defined proposal with precise research goals.
- Preliminary experience in analyzing multiplex immunofluorescence images.
- Interest in adopting the COMET™ system for research activities within 2023 at the participating laboratory following program completion.
- Valid fit of the application as a use case for SPYRE™ Antibody Panels.
Terms and Conditions
Review the Terms and Conditions applicable to the application submission for this Grant Program.